Streamline the payment process
With instream Direct Pay, carriers issue one single payment per week. In turn, instream Direct Pay provides dental offices with a single payment on behalf of all carriers, once a week, as a cheque or EFT with a detailed statement.
instream Direct Pay is based on a similar offering for dentists and insurers that has operated without incident in Quebec for over 30 years.
Key Benefits to Payors
- Deal with instream exclusively and not 14,600 dentists
- One payment to instream sent daily
- Elimination of cheque/postage for assigned claims
- Private-labelled, instream-managed web portal for dentists to
- Download statements
- Select payment method
- Easy to deploy/integrate
- Simple remittance file sent daily
- Payment to instream via EDI
- No new hardware required
- Payments to dentists are bulked (paid biweekly)
- Lower call volumes
- Lowest cost possible
instream Direct Pay is completely network agnostic
Carriers and dentists can be connected to any network to take advantage of instream Direct Pay. The process is similar to a patient assigning their benefits to the dentist at the time of treatment. How a dentist chooses to transmit the claim does not affect instream Direct Pay. Claims can be transmitted using dial-up, ITRANS, instream CLAIMS or any private carrier. instream Direct Pay is completely network and transmission agnostic.
A “win-win-win” service
instream Direct Pay provides important benefits to all parties involved: dentists, patients, and carriers.
- Material cost savings in payment of Direct Pay claims to dentists
- Elimination of production and postage of explanation of benefits statement
- Dramatically lowered banking fees for checks and EFT
- Significant reduction in call centre inquiry costs on assigned claims coming from dental offices and plan members.
- Where is my payment? How much? Was my cheque cashed? etc.
- Improved eligibility matching and information quality associated with dental EDI claim process – resulting in significantly increased claim throughput
- Works beside existing CDAnet transactions, to improve claim processing – sends plan subscriber and dependent record updates to dental office practice management software extending the benefits of carrier-based positive enrollment eligibility systems
- New electronic audit trail established for patient assignment of claims
- Customer retention through happier plan members
- Seen an neutral against dental benefit utilization
- Strong controls: CSAE 3416 compliance
- Carrier brand exposure promotion on payment statement in the dentist’s office at the time of treatment
- For the first time can provide the same experience as “assignment of benefit” without risks
- Are guaranteed payment for the insured portion and need only collect the co-pay portion
- Benefit from significant improvements in office efficiency – heavy administrative burden resulting from one cheque per claim and no reconciliation associated with procedure
- Dentists not currently accepting assignment of benefit today also dramatically reduce their credit card fees and improving cash flow
- Provider fee is immediately reduced at time of procedure, lowering out-of-pocket financial barriers and improving access to care
- Eliminates the need for patient to claim for dental services with carrier
Nothing about instream Direct Pay would drive up dental benefit utilization